The conference will have the following awards, which will be announced and bestowed at the conference closing session.
- Best Paper Award
- Best Student Paper Award
- Best Poster Award
- Best PhD Project Award
The author of an awarded paper, and co-authors if any, will be entitled to:
- A signed and stamped official award certificate;
- The announcement of their achievement on a special conference webpage;
- Having the paper included in the list of conference best papers and invited for an extended and revised version publication in a book or a journal, if a post-publication agreement is available for this particular conference;
- A one year free membership of INSTICC (http://www.insticc.org), warranting full access to the SCITEPRESS Digital Library. If already an INSTICC member, then this offer adds one year to her/his current membership.
- A voucher for a free or reduced registration fee* in one event sponsored by INSTICC, valid during a 12 months period. This voucher is only available if the presenter attends the closing session and receives the award.
The awards will be conferred to the author(s) of a paper presented at the conference, selected by the Program/Conference/Doctoral Consortium Chairs. The decision criterion will consider both the paper quality (assessed by the Program Committee), and the oral presentation quality (feedback given by session chairs at the conference venue). As such, in order to enable a final ranking in a timely manner:
- Papers selected as candidates for best paper awards will be exclusively presented in sessions on the first or second days of the conference.
- Candidates to "Best Student Paper Award" and "Best PhD Project Award" should be exclusively presented by students, though authors may include senior members.
Speakers are entitled to a 50% discount over the basic registration fee; non-speakers are entitled to a free registration.